Another Flourless Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
Another Flourless Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. This recipe also uses ground almonds, though I would consider substituting commercial GF flour for a fluffier cupcake. Another problem with nut flours is that they don’t rise as well as less mealy flours. Consider boosting the amount of baking powder slightly.
- 12 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup finely ground almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Insert cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and melt in double-boiler with butter and milk. If you have a metal bowl that sits on top of a saucepan, put water in the saucepan and mix the
- ingredients in the bowl, then insert the bowl into the saucepan. The bottom of the bowl should not touch the bottom of the saucepan.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks, and beat the yolks until frothy.
- Add ¼ cup of sugar to egg yolks and continue to beat until completely mixed.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg yolks.
- Fold ground almonds and baking powder into the mixture.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer or tabletop mixer until frothy.
- Slowly add remaining sugar, until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture and mix with a spatula until smooth. Do not overmix.
- Spoon or ladle mixture into cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
Is a muffin a cupcake without frosting?
Does flourless mean gluten free?
Are cupcakes and cakes the same?
How long do you cook cupcakes at 325?
What is difference between muffin and cupcake?
Which is better cupcakes or cakes?
How do you make perfect size cupcakes?
How do you keep cupcakes moist?
How Much Do You Fill cupcake liners?