Cranberry Sorbet – Cranberry Gelato
Cranberry Sorbet – Cranberry Gelato Recipe
Tart and sweet at the same time.
Cranberries are impossible to find fresh here in Australia, so I turned to the bottled variety of juice for a more than satisfactory base for a tasty fresh gelato.
- 300g Sugar
- 300ml Water
- 400ml Cranberry Juice (I used ocean spray but any sweetened cranberry juice should work)
- 30ml Lime (1oz) Juice of 1 lime is usually enough
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sorbet Softener (1/2 ml)*
- Place sugar and water into a saucepan & heat gently, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool sugar syrup to room temperature and add Cranberry juice and lime juice.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours at least until cold.
- Process in icecream maker or follow the instructions for making sorbet/gelato without a machine.
- When frozen, transfer from ice cream maker and store in freezer.
*Sorbet softener is optional, if it’s omitted, you may need to take the sorbet out of the freezer 20 minutes before serving to allow it to soften enough to serve.