Easy Chocolate Cake
Easy Chocolate Cake; The traditional wedding wouldn’t be the same without a great wedding cake for all the guests to enjoy. Wedding cakes vary from the large and elaborate to the smaller and simpler. No matter what type of cake you choose, you should know that it doesn’t have to be a difficult process. Choosing an easy wedding cake should be a fun and exciting part of your wedding plans. The more you know about your wedding cake needs, the easier this task will be.
Whether you’re looking to make your own wedding cake, make an easy wedding cake for a friend or family member or place an order for a wedding cake from a profession cake-maker, there are a few things you should know. First, you need to know the different parts of the wedding cake. This will make choosing an easy wedding cake even easier.
First you need decide on the main part of the cake itself. Will you want chocolate, white, Devil’s food, pound cake or even carrot cake? It’s important that you know what the main type of cake will be and then you can determine your icing. There are many different icing choices to choose from and it’s important to choose an icing that goes well with your main cake choice.
Next you may choose a filling. This could be frosting, custard, fruit or some other source. And then the cake is decorated on the outside with a combination of decorations that suit your needs. For an easy wedding cake, you can purchase cake toppers and other decorations designed for a wedding.
Easy Chocolate Banana Cake
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour one 9×13 inch pan.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream, cocoa, chocolate chips, and banana, and beat for two minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 minutes. Let cool in pan and dust with powdered sugar if desired.