Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1 tablespoon of loose green tea.
- 6 medium egg yolks.
- ½ cup of sugar.
- 2 cups of whipping cream.
- 1 ½ tablespoon of Japanese green tea powder.
Green Tea Ice Cream Recipe Preparation Instructions:
- Heat the milk with tea for 5 minutes just below a simmer.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- Gradually whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture until all the milk is added.
- Return to pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until it coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain and chill completely.
- Stir in the cream and green tea powder and churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Spoon into a container and freeze until firm.