Pear Ice Cream Recipe
Pear Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups of whipping cream.
- ¾ cup of granulated sugar.
- 4 medium egg yolks, lightly beaten.
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
- 1 tablespoon of pear liqueur (optional).
- 1 ½ lb of ripe pears.
- ¼ cup of water.
- In a suitably sized saucepan, over medium heat, combine 1 cup of the whipping cream with the sugar.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisking constantly, gradually pour the mixture over egg yolks in a bowl.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat for 12 minutes or just until mixture coats back of spoon.
- Stir in remaining whipping cream, vanilla, and optionally the pear liqueur.
- Meanwhile, peel, core and coarsely chop the ripe pears.
- In another saucepan, combine the pears with ¼ cup of water, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a food processor or blender, pure pears with the liquid.
- Stir the pear purée into the custard.
- Place waxed paper directly on surface and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Freeze in ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Back to the Ice Cream Recipes home page.