Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cups of pistachio nuts, shells removed.
- 2 ½ cups of milk.
- 3 medium eggs.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1 cup of whipping cream, whipped.
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- 1 tablespoon of pure almond extract.
- Blanch the pistachio nuts by placing in a bowl for one minute and pouring boiling water over them. Drain and peel.
- Blend the pistachio nuts, milk, eggs, and the sugar until you have a green smooth liquid.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook over low heat until the custard thickens (takes approximately 25 minutes). Do not boil.
- Allow to cool.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Stir, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker.