Simply Chocolate Cupcakes
Simply Chocolate Cupcakes. A very simple and tasty chocolate cupcake. Makes about 18 cupcakes. In the following recipes, as with all of the recipes on this site, ‘t’ means ‘teaspoon’ and ‘T’ means ‘tablespoon.’
- 2 cups all-purpose flour sifted (this means you’ll probably start with about 1 1/2 cups flour. Sifting adds air and expands the flour a bit).
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (my faves are Ghiradelli’s, Green & Blacks, and Scharffen Berger, but there are cheaper alternatives).
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C)
- Load muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt.
- Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer or tabletop mixer set to medium.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Add eggs to mixture.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add dry ingredients to wet.
- As soon as the ingredients are mixed, turn off mixer.
- Pour (use a spoon or small measuring cup) the batter into the cupcake liners, filling to about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when you press on them with your fingertips.
- Remove from the oven, let cool in the pan for about 3 minutes, then move cupcakes to a rack to cool fully.
- Frost with your favorite icing.
Why do my cupcakes deflate?
How do you make Mary Berry fairy cakes?
How do you make Martha Stewart chocolate cupcakes?
How do you make Mary Berry chocolate cupcakes?
What’s the difference between a cupcake and a fairy cake?
Can you freeze Mary Berry chocolate cake?
How do you make frosting for cupcakes?
Can you use bicarbonate of soda instead of baking powder?
Is baking spread the same as butter?